Become A Member
Sport SA welcomes any person, organisation or business with an interest in sport and active recreation to apply for membership with Sport SA. Our current member database comprises:
- Sporting organisations/ associations
- Recreational organisations/ associations
- Sporting clubs
- Commercial organisations working in the sporting industry
- Local councils
To commence the membership application process, please select one of the options below. Once an application is received, it will be forwarded to the Sport SA Board for endorsement. New Members will be advised once their membership status has been confirmed.
- Download, print and return our 2018/19 Membership Application Form [click here], or
- Complete our online form [click here]
Full Membership (voting rights) - $250.00 GST inclusive
Available to all State Sporting Organisations within South Australia who are responsible for the policies and regulations governing the conduct of an individual sporting discipline
Associate Membership (non voting rights) - $150.00 GST inclusive
Available to sporting industry organisations which are not recognised as the state body and commercial organisations involved in/associated with the sports industry.
Industry membership (non voting rights) - $250.00 includes GST
Available to commercial organisations involved in/associated with sport or the sporting industry.
Information and Services (non voting rights) - $115.00 includes GST
Available to any sporting club or entity and shall be entitled to all information provided to all Full and Associate members.
Life Membership (non voting rights)
Shall be awarded to individuals who have made significant and outstanding contributions to sport or the sporting industry.
If you are looking for assistance in any of the following areas then becoming a member of Sport SA will be beneficial to your organisation:
- Lobbying and Advocacy
- Policy advice and development
- Handling disputes
- Industry training and development
- Volunteers for your sporting event or organisation
- South Australian Masters Games
- Job vacancies within the sporting industry
- Media coverage
- Exposure for your upcoming events
Partnerships are key to our ability to provide our members with the services and support they require. A number of new partnerships that provide benefits to our members include:
- Access to Toyota Fleet discounts on all new Toyota vehicles
- 10% discount on all vehicle servicing (excluding service advantage)
- 10% discount on all car care products (window tint, paint protection etc)
- Free monthly car wash on all new vehicles purchased
- 10% discount on all Toyota genuine accessories
- Complimentary service loan cars
- Dedicated corporate account manager
St John Ambulance Australia - SA
- First Aid Kits (Workplace Compliant) - all workplace kits across the St John range will attract 15% discount exclusive to Sport SA members
- First Aid Training - Provide First Aid course - normally $189, $160 exclusive to Sport SA members
- - CPR - normally $65, $55 exclusive to Sport SA members
South Australian Sports Radio and Television Network
Sport SA are teaming up with Adelaide-based sports media organisation Piranha Media as they establish a new SA Sport TV Network to showcase sport purely in South Australia. Piranha Media is offering training and access to fully equipped TV studios at Hendon and Magill, where clubs and organisations can host their own TV programs to showcase their clubs, games and players.
Member Services & Activities
- Registered Training Organisation (RTO) - delivering vocational training and our members are able to employ trainees who attend Sport and Recreation courses.
- Industry Training Seminars - on topics including governance, bugeting, mediation and protocol.
- State Sport Dispute Centre - provides our members with an avenue to impartial mediation and dispute resolution.
- South Australian Masters Games - members have the opportunity to increase the regional profile of their activity through this annual event.
- South Australian Sport Awards/ South Australian Sport Hall of Fame - members have the opportunity to nominate those most deserving within their sporting organisation
- Training and Board Rooms - discounted hire fees for members.
- Partners and Members Breakfast - listen to guest speakers covering the latest topics of interest in the sporting industry.
- Funding Assistance - Sport SA will assist members in applying for other grants.
View our current members [click here].