Sport SA Partners and Members Breakfast
The Members' and Partners' Breakfast is in October each year. In 2018 it was held at the Sage Hotel on South Terrace and hosted by South Australian Sport stars Michelle den Dekker OAM and Rachael Sporn OAM.
Both members of our South Australian Hall of Fame, the pair entertained the audience with stories and insights revealing some of what it takes to thrive competing in Australian and internationally as elite athletes.
The morning was a great opportunity for us to acknowledge our partners, announce the finalists for the 2018 South Australian Sports Awards and for athletes and sponsors to network and mingle. Award winners were unveiled at the Annual SA Sport Awards Gala Dinner at Adelaide Oval on Friday 16 November 2018.
2018 Guest Speaker, Rachael Sporn
The Sport SA Partners and Members Breakfast is held annually to recognise and thank Sport SA‘s Partners and Members of the previous financial year.
In recent years the Breakfast has also included the Sport SA Award Finalist Announcement function, which announces and acknowledges the three finalists in each of the eight Sport SA Awards categories, showcasing those behind the sporting stars, up and coming talent, as well as outstanding regional athletes. Each year Sport SA invites a high profile sports person or administrator to speak to inspire our Members and guests. Previous speakers include:
- 2017: Abby Bishop, Opal and Adelaide Lightning Basketball Player
- 2016: Jane Claxton, Hockeyroo
- 2015: Tamie Durdin and Stephanie Na, Professional Golfers
- 4 Commonwealth Games gold medallist l Diamond, 2012014: Renae Hallinan, Adelaide Thunderbirds Captain and Australian Netbal
- 2013: Jared Tallent, three time Olympic medallist and Commonwealth Games gold medallist and Claire Tallent, two time Olympian and Commonwealth Games silver medallist, both race walkers
- 2012: James McRae, London 2012 Olympic bronze medallist, Men’s Quadruple Scull
- 2011: Chris Dittmar, former World No. 1 ranked Squash player and now sports commentator
- 2010: Norma Plummer, World Championship and former Australian Netball Diamonds Coach
- 2009: Jacob Holmes, former Adelaide 36ers Basketballer and gold medallist at the 2006 Commonwealth Games
- 2008: Mark Peters, former CEO of the Australian Sports Commission.
Left: Katrina Webb OAM and right: Jane Claxton (2016).